Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school.
The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands. Our council decides how these funds will be used. Last year our school received $62,462.00 from the School LAND Trust Program.
The council reviews and prepares other academic plans for our students each year. All plans are reviewed for final approval by our school board.
Councils also act in an advisory capacity to school and school district administrations.
If you are interested in being part of the School Community Council for this year, please email the School at Brad.Jolley@washk12.org or stop by the office.
Community Council Meeting Dates for the 2017-2018 year:
Rules Of Order For Community Council
Simple Motions of Parliamentary Procedure
|MOTION||DOES IT REQUIRE A 2ND?||IS IT DEBATABLE?||CAN IT BE AMENDED?||IS A VOTE REQUIRED|
|Amend a motion||yes||yes||yes||majority|
|Point of Order||no||no||no||ruled on by chair|
|Withdrawal of Motion||no||no||no||majority|
- A tie vote is a lost vote.
- A main motion may be amended.
- Nominations can be closed by saying, "I move to close nominations."
- Most motions are main motions.
- A point of order is offered when there is some question if procedure had been followed correctly.
- To stop debate or discussion on a motion and force the vote, a member would say, "I move the previous question." This requires a second and a 2/3 vote
- Hasty action may be corrected by use of the motion to reconsider. This motion may be made only by one who voted on the prevailing side.
- A person who made the motion may withdraw the same motion.
Community Council Meeting Dates and Times for 2017-2018 School Year.
- December 4
- February 5
- March 5
- March 26
Minutes for Three Falls Community Council Meeting: Oct. 16, 2017
Three Falls Community Council Meeting: Oct. 16, 2017